Facebook is an essential marketing tool for small businesses. In our opinion, every small business should be on social media, especially Facebook, to promote business. From its powerful advertisement options to Facebook groups, it has many tools small businesses can and should use. A solid Facebook presence helps you engage potential customers and grow your business. Having a Facebook page helps to legitimize your business in the customer’s eye.
But we get it – with so many ways to promote your business on Facebook, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are six easy steps to make Facebook work for you:
- Create a Business Page. This is an easy process. Simply log on to Facebook, click “Pages” in the left sidebar, and then “Create New Page.”
- Post Valuable Content Regularly. This is ultimately the best way to promote business on Facebook. Content is what attracts people to your social media profile and is the way you’ll build an audience online. Be sure to include different types of content including images, videos, text, stories, or even polls.
- Engage Followers. This might seem like Social Media 101, but we can’t stress enough how important it is to interact with your followers. The best way to get engagement on social media is to make sure your posts show up for your followers. To do that, you need to create interaction. Make sure you answer questions, respond to comments, and participate in your online community.
- Leverage Friends of Fans. Social media is the new word of mouth and should be used as such. Be sure to tap into the wider community of people you can connect with through your existing fans.
- Add Photos. We’re all nosy, which is why we scroll through Facebook for hours upon end in the first place. It’s important to add a profile, cover photos, and posts loaded with visuals that reflect what your business does. Given that these pictures will be providing your clients with your first impression, use high-quality images that portray your business in a positive light.
- Field Comments and Requests from Customers. This one is important, guys. Social media is a great way for your customers to get in touch with you. However, if they choose to reach out to you on Facebook, you need to be prepared to answer their questions and address their requests. Have a customer service representative dedicated to this role so the comments don’t slip through the cracks.
- Run Facebook Ads. Don’t let the dollar signs scare you – this social media giant has created one of the most popular ways to reach your audience with its advanced targeting options and taking advantage of the benefits is crucial. To get started with ads, you can review this lesson from Facebook directly, and don’t miss the step of making sure that you review the types of Facebook ads and various bidding strategies to help you succeed.
- Take Advantage of Allllll the Features. As of 2020, consider utilizing tools like Facebook Live, Facebook Video, and Facebook Stories to help promote your business.
- Facebook Live: Go live on the air to engage with your audience in real-time. Your followers will receive a notification that you’re going live and can tune in to watch. The recording is made available for playback so followers can watch later if they are unable to tune in. You could interview a guest, demonstrate how a product is used, or showcase an event where you may be exhibiting.
- Facebook Video: Video consumption – especially mobile video consumption – is on the rise. Utilize Facebook Video to get that video content in front of your Facebook audience. With 85% of businesses utilizing video content as a marketing tool, you’re not just jumping on the bandwagon, you’re using a growing, in-demand medium.
- Facebook Stories: Use the Stories feature to post content that will appear on users’ feeds for 24 hours. (Stories expire after 24 hours.) This tool is great to help boost your business’s organic reach, which is getting more difficult to achieve on Facebook as the platform continues to grow.
Allow Charley Grey to Help Promote Your Business on Facebook
The truth is, the more appealing and up-to-date your Facebook page is, the more credible your business is. By becoming a VIP member through one of our crazy-low monthly subscriptions, the experts at Charley Grey will manage your social media and boost your company’s exposure and credibility. So, stop fussing with your website and let us handle everything. We’ll start by taking you out for coffee!